Saturday, February 2, 2008

Today I Actually Sewed!

A friend of my mother-in-law (Mrs. Hackney) gave me several pieces of batiste. I had seen a project on the Peanut Butter 'n Jelly kids site for a "handkerchief sundress". I finally decided to take the plunge and make one for each of my girls since I had enough material. I found a pretty hankie and got five of them. Today I finished the first except for button holes and buttons. And I do mean finished -- hem and all. The bodice is the white hankie with embroidery in the corners and the skirt is pastel green. It's for Avery - it'll be so pretty with her red hair. Vail Blue will get a blue dress (of course) and Katie's will be aqua. Suzannah and Molly Beth will get peach and pink. All the bodices will be the same hankie. If I can get them all together and make a picture I'll post it. Some are in Texas and some in TN. And I'm in MS so that won't be an easy feat!!.

I played some more with my layout tonight -- added a few more links to blogs. I looked at the settings and found one that I might use a good bit since my school has a filter that blocks almost everything including blog sites. With my children spread out from China to Texas, I like to check their blogs during lunch and after school but always have to wait til I get home and sometimes don't get to it til bedtime. Anyway, I figured out that I can write a post and email it to my blog and it will be saved as a draft. I could publish it directly but I like the draft thing better. I tested it out and it worked!

Time for bed so I'm outa here.

No comments: