Warning: getting the tension right on your sewing machine can cause headaches! I have a really pretty thread that I wanted to use to quilt the nursery rhyme quilt that has been sitting in my project pile for a year. It is a heavier thread and I can't get the top tension tight enough for it to sew right. It works fine with lighter weight thread. Don't know what else to do right now so I'm just going to switch to a lighter weight thread and use that. I've also decided to use a decorative stitch instead of free motion quilting. I think I'll like it. I'm going to try just a little bit tomorrow and see how it looks. Maybe I'll post a picture. Well, it's 10:30 and the thunder has started. I hope I'm not in for a long night of little sleep. Gonna unplug my machines and get in the bed for now. Here's the nursery rhyme quilt before quilting.




6 comments:
love the quilt under your header! HA! ;)
I just love this quilt, it is so cute!!
That quilt is just too cute. What wonderful gifts your quilts are.
Love,
Cheri
Thanks -- Stacey already knows but that was the quilt I made for Molly Beth. IT was the second quilt I made!
I love your blog Aunt Vail! It is very interesting. I love the nursery rhyme quilt. You are so talented.
What a cute, cute quilt! It looks like machine embroidery, am I correct?! It's fantastic! Where did you find the embroidery designs?
For a heavier thread on your Bernina, you might try lowering the top tension or tightening the bobbin case on your machine.
Post a Comment