Friday, February 8, 2008

Let's Add Some Pictures

Thought I would add some pictures of my very tiny (but fabulous - because I can close the door) sewing room and my four legged companion of ten years -- seems like yesterday when we got him and he fit in my hand.










Toby turned 10 on Feb. 2. As you can see he can't wait for me -- he has already retired. He is the best dog ever. Loves everybody especially the grands. He is definitely a people dog -he will tolerate other dogs as long as they leave him alone.






Here are some pictures of my 6x8 sewing room. I added the double layer of shelves on two walls. The wall with the hanging bar already had a shelf. I often set up a table or use the counter in the kitchen to have more room but it is so easy to stack everything in there and close the door if visitors are coming.















Last but not least my first attempt at a Handkerchief Sundress- a project from Peanutbutter and Jelly kids website. This dress is for Avery. I've got four more to finish. Hopefully I'll have them done this weekend.









This close up shows the pretty embroidery on the hankie and the french knots I added to hold the pleat down in the middle. I didn't embroider the hankie it came that way.





I love the dresses and can't wait to finish them. I hope the girls will like them as much as I do.




Tomorrow is my DIL Stacey's birthday. HAPPY BIRTHDAY STACE! HAVE A WONDERFUL DAY!


Guess it is time to stop blogging and start working :)

4 comments:

TexasNeals said...

THANKS! :) nothin like celebrating your birthday by taking care of your sick family!! :(
oh well, i just hope we get to go to the museum tonight. did billy tell you about that? we'll give you a call.
that dress is ADORABLE!!!! and i like your blog. :)

YaYa and Pops said...

Great blog Vail. Love the picture of Toby!

Thinking of you especially today and wishing you peace and memories of family days gone but never forgotten.

Terry and Patty

Anonymous said...

I love your sewing room. That is great that you can just shut the door on it. That is what I would love to have. That dress is beautiful!!! I love it!!! I will have to look at that website.

Serena Smith said...

Your sewing room is great! I'm posting sewing rooms of other quilters/embroiderers on my blog for the next couple of weeks to give everyone ideas and inspiration for their own sewing rooms. If you would like yours to be included, just email me: info@embtreasures.com

Your blog is great! :)