Wednesday, February 20, 2008

The Faint Light at the End of the Tunnel

I can see a faint light at the end of the tunnel. I've ordered buttons for the dresses and they should be here Friday or Saturday. If so, I'll do the button holes, sew them on and be done with the dresses. In the meantime I'll finish the little bit of handwork I have left to do. I'm glad I'm making the dresses but I'm ready for them to be finished. I'm itching to get back to my quilt I'm doing for my boss. I'll post pictures of the squares I've done already one day soon. It is a log cabin quilt -- first one I've done. it is a lot of fun putting the squares together. It has greens, blues, and browns with touches of red and yellow. I know I'm going to want to keep it but I won't. I want to make four special quilts before I leave Cleveland. This is one of them. My boss is special to me because of all she did for me during Bob's illness and after he died. The other three quilts are for -- My mother-in-law who is also very special to me--I found a really neat pattern for a family tree quilt. I'm going to adapt it to fit what I want. it will involve appliquing a tree with autumn colored leaves -- some on and some off the tree. The pattern has pictures on the leaves but I'm going to embroider on them instead. She and grandad will be close to the top and then Bob and Donna and their familys will fill in the rest . It is really more of a wall hanging so I'll just add a couple of borders and make it quilt size -- and the other two are for the lady who cuts my hair and the lady who does my massage each month. My goal is to have them done before I leave which gives me at least 18 months and probably more. Then of course there will be the usual baby gifts and a few dresses and things in there also. So, I guess I'd better quit blogging and get some rest. I've got a lot to do :)

No comments: