Thursday, February 21, 2008

Log Cabins and Hankie Dresses

Here are the brown squares that are the center of my log cabin quilt. The layout will be different from either of the pictures. Think of the light and dark reversed in the first picture and that is the way they will be laid out -- unless I change my mind. :)) The next set I do will be green. I know I do at least twelve green squares -- probably more. I'll have to check the pattern. Anyway, when I started the first square, I thought I'm going to hate this -- pattern against pattern-- but when the whole square was done I was pleasantly surprised. I really liked it. I'm looking forward to seeing how they all come out.




One more dress down and just the finish work on the bias around the neck for the last three. Then it's just the button holes and buttons. They came in the mail today. They are smaller than I thought they would be. I'm going to try some practice 1/8 " button holes on scraps -- I may use little thread loops instead. I'll have to see.

1 comment:

TexasNeals said...

oh my goodness, that quilt is going to be GORGEOUS!!! she is absolutely going to love it!
the dress turned out so cute. i'm so excited! :)