Well, today was the Super Bowl. I saw about ten minutes at the beginning and then the last 25 seconds. I'm not a football fanatic but being a MS transplant (I grew up in PA) I was happy to see Eli Manning and the Giants prevail. He must have played a really good game since he was also named the MVP .
We are making a new pictorial directory for everyone at church. The elders decided a loose-leaf directory that pages could easily be added to or removed would be a good idea. I've been asked to put it together. I created a table in Word to put in personal info for each family and then the picture -taken by a couple of us who have digital cameras - is going at the top of the page. I've got about half the pages done. Getting the rest of the family's to fill out their info sheets will determine the time it takes to finish it.
Besides adding the pictures we took today to the directory, I got valentines ready to mail to the "grands" and a birthday card for a my son's sweet wife. Her birthday is bittersweet for me because it falls on the day that my husband died. It will be ten years this saturday. It seems like forever ago and just yesterday.
I also put in a little sewing time. I finished the side seams in the skirts for the other four handkerchief sundresses I'm making. I also pressed and pinned the hem in one of them. I'm going to stitch the hem during any free time I have in the computer lab tomorrow and hopefully tomorrow night I'll press and pin the other hems and cut the arm holes and and bind them with bias strips if I have the time. I'm hoping to have them all finished except for button holes and buttons by the end of the week. I won't do button holes until I find the buttons Iwant to use.
Now I'm off to bed.
The Rise
8 years ago

2 comments:
I am glad that you are blogging. I can keep up with all of your great sewing projects. You will have to post pictures of all of your finished work. This is a great way to keep in touch. We are glad that Eli won too.
so proud of you mom! lubs
Post a Comment