Wednesday, July 23, 2008

NO MORE MRS. NICE GUY

Okay, no more Mrs. Nice Guy. I wasn't sure if those initials were in the right order but it was 10:30 and I didn't want to wake anybody up AND I wanted to go on and finish what I was working on so I guessed. Of course, I was wrong. I could have waited but I was in the mood to finish. So... next time I'm in the mood to finish and I don't remember the initials -- I'm calling!! No matter what time it is!! Or not. I guess having a relationship with family members should take precedence over my impatience. Maybe I should just write it down rather than think I'll remember the order for the next 10 hours or two days until I get around to completing the project. But... that would make sense wouldn't it. Anyway, my initial faux pas turned out to be a good thing because I went and got another color thread and ended up with a better product in the end. Here are photots.



Didn't get around to working on the family tree quilt but unless something unexpected happens, I've got the next three days to get a lot done. Be looking for pictures.

Here is a link to Billy and Staceys blog -- if you want to read about Suzannah and the family's dealing with diabetes and -- donate to a worthy cause click on it. http://texasneals.blogspot.com/2008/07/2-year-anniversary.html

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

It turned out so great! I LOVE the monogram and what a fun fabric you found!! Great job!

Anonymous said...

Oh I have been meaning to ask you, have you heard of a book called Doodle Stitching? It is supposed to help beginners learn to embroider. I would really like to learn, but wasn't sure if I should try out this book or not.

Vail said...

I haven't heard of that book. Any book on hand embroidery would probably be good. I have seen some really cute patterns that are kind of old fashioned -whimsy if that makes sense. Mostly a kind of outline stitch. I'd love to do some of that but figure it defeats the purpose of having a machine that does the embroidery for me so I haven't gotten any. Maybe on down the road.

Glad you like the fabric -- it's actually the leftovers from the blanket Jen made for her friend. It is a really fun fabric.

jennifer said...

Looks really good mom!! Good call not calling us at 10:30 :)