Friday, July 25, 2008

BLUE SKIES AND GREEN GRASS!

Well, I found time to sew today. The bad part is it was 9:30 when I started!! Anyway, I made two practice leaves and I like the way they turned out. I also put the grass and sky together. It looks good. There is a messy looking spot in the middle that is not appliqued but that is where the tree trunk will be and there are some bits of wash away stabilizer still attached to the grass/sky applique but that will be gone when I wash it. I'm excited. The leaves will be simple to do and I've decided not to try to do them straight on to the background because it would be a super catastrophe if one messed up. I'm going to make them just like the practice ones and then place them on and just sew a line up close to the satin stitching inside the leaf. think that will work well. I'm including pictures of the practice leaves, background sans tree and the three fabrics I'm making the actual leaves from along with the threads I'm planning on using for the applique. Let me know what you think. And, give me any opinions you might have as to using same color leaves within families or just be random all around. Thanks in advance.



<p.s. the familys will be Neals and Kirkbrides
p.p.s. All the names and dates will be in black
Update - EARLY Friday morning 1:50 AM I was reading a couple of blogs before going to bed and found this blog site with all these backgrounds. I probably tried about 20 of them and settled on this "new look". I think I probably better go to bed!!

2 comments:

Cheri said...

Like this background, for some reason this seems more like you.

You are just going to town on these quilts and they all look so wonderful. I wish I had the patience for it.

jennifer said...

I think random leaves throughout. I think it will flow better. I am thrilled to see Matthew got to be the guinea pig:) Looking good.