Saturday, July 26, 2008

Another Project -- DONE

I completed my two pillowcase dresses today and they turned out great. I'm not happy with the ribbon though -- it's a little too bright or something -- I'm going to look at WallyWorld tomorrow and see if a different color would look better.

Here are the two pillowcases I made before I actually made the dressesThey do look like pillowcases. I really like the way the hems turned out. I just folded the material in half, pressed it and used my serger to attach it. That way the edges were finished so they won't fray as easily.
Here are the finished dresses. I put one of each color ribbon on each dress but the ribbon is just too dark. I'm going to look for pink, yellow, blue or a lighter lime green.


Everyone I'm related to that lives in Cleveland is gone this weekend. It feels kind of wierd. The temperature got up to 97 today and tomorrow it's supposed to be 100 and 101 on Monday and Tuesday. UGH!! I hate the heat. Toby doesn't like it either. I know because he doesn't run off when I take him out with me to check the mail and he comes the first time I call him. Now when fall gets here it will be a whole nother story :)
I'm meeting Brian in Monroe on Monday so he can come back here until we go to Nashville the end of the week. I'm going up there to help Michael with Avery for a week. That means I'll miss the first week of school! (Being a Grams does have its perks!!:) But back to Brian -- Stacey's parents are bringing him to Monroe. Her dad and John Dobbs have been emailing back and forth since John Robert died. Terry and Patti have been where John and Margaret are now (their son Ryan died a few months after Suzannah was born) - they've been wanting to get together in person and this has given them an excuse to come to Monroe where John and Margaret live. Anyway, I think we are going to plan to meet up around lunch time. It will be nice to see John and Margaret.

2 comments:

jennifer said...

The dresses look fantabulous! I think you are right about the ribbon. Maybe pink and purple or green. See you in a week :}

Cheri said...

Dresses are cute and I agree with you and Jennifer, the ribbon is pretty but bright. Enjoy your week with Avery.