This morning I took my oldest raggediest jeans that I love to wear and turned them into capris. They are cooler to wear and soooooo comfie. They were just too raggedy around the bottom. I also patched the hole by the pocket where if you were interested in looking you could see my brightly colored cotton undies. (Sorry if that's TMI but at least its covered now) I also finished the ends of the ribbon on the pillowcase dresses and went to the dollar store and found some storage baskets to help me organize my kitchen cabinets a little better.
I might have some surprise company Friday night. Actually, it won't be a surprise since they called me today. Michael and one of his friends are thinking about coming to the delta to play golf on the fourth. If they do, they will come here afterward and spend the night. I hope they do. I always love it when my kiddos come even if just for a few hours. I tried to sweeten the deal by saying we could cook some steaks on the grill!! Hope it works.
Tonight is going to be an earlier night for me so I'm off to bed at 10:30. Tomorrow is "put together my quilttop day" (the log cabin) and I'm excited about it. I'm also planning a quick trip to town to get material for two more pillowcase dresses.(for my sweet TX granddaughters). I'm thinking some mixture of blue and brown or maybe pink and brown. I'll have to see what they have.
Here is a picture I found of a "Wonky" Log Cabin quilt. If you look closely you'll see that the strips are cut so that the give an off-kilter effect. I love how it
looks and can't wait to try one - of course it is at the end of my project list -- honest it is.If anyone knows what to do when your pictures start showing up as html in the compose window and you can't see the actual picture, let me know. It started doing that a couple of posts ago and I don't know what I changed.

5 comments:
I love that quilt too. I looks pretty cool. I don't know if I believe it is at the bottom of the list. :)
Very cool quilt. I finished my very first quilt and it's not that bad if i do say so myself. Now, the edges, that's another story. my machine kept messing up and you can see it all around the edge! arg. anyway, it was a warm fuzzy for me to do. hope all is well in mississippi!
kellie
That's great Kellie. Every one you do will get better and remember we are our own worst critic :) Email me sometime and I'll send you some sites that have tips and even some tutorials.
mamaneal
If you don't want to see the HTML when you post you just need to switch tabs at the top of the posting screen. There should be two options, "Edit HTML" and "Compose" just make sure you are on the "Compose" tab. Hope this helps!!
that quilt is SO neat! i love log cabin quilts, but i've never seen one like that! i love it! man, it looks tricky to make though?! i can't figure out how it would work....not like the traditional one right? you'll have to show me.
hope michael comes to visit...even if it's not to texas. he really teased us, you know. j/k hope you have a great 4th! :)
Post a Comment