Wednesday, July 30, 2008

BloggyLove -- It's great!


My niece Jessica sent me this award-a little "Bloggy Love" -- she says I'm crafty and inspire her -- Thanks Jess! Now I have to pass it on.
I don't actually know many of the folks whose blogs I read -- except my kids and nieces. When I'm in the mood to blog surf I usually google quilting or sewing -- I know that is hard to believe but it's true. I also will look at blogs that other people link to and then ones they link to and on and on. AND of course there are the blogs that my girls occasionally recommend. Having said that, here is my list and the first two are NOT craft related :)

MY DDIL Stacey - She often bares her soul through her blog and has such a way with words. She lets us know through her writing how important God is to her and how she wants to instill that in her children and I love that quality about her.

Amber - a friend of the fam - has a knack for writing and I enjoy her stories about family.

Ree - The Pioneer Woman - Now Ree doesn't know me from Adam but I've read her blog enough to almost feel like part of the family. If you enjoy funny and often touching stories about life on a ranch, lots of yummy recipes and some how to's on photography then I guarantee you will love this blog.

Last but not least is CJ - "The Wandering Quilter" - She makes the prettiest quilts and other embroidered "stuff" and is very much into canning, making her own flour and real what I call "back to the basics" living. I love reading her blog too.


2 comments:

TexasNeals said...

thank you so much. this means so much to me. first, i want to thank God. He is the one that gave me my children and they are the ones that give me most of my material. secondly i want to thank my family. they have been so patient w/ me as i spend time working on my blog and they are always there to support me. and lastly i want to thank you, vail, for nominating me. this means the world to me. really....thank you.




HA! i've always wanted to write an acceptance speech!!! :)seriously though, thanks. i'm so glad that you enjoy my blog. i want it to be an encouragement to all that read it. you made my day! ;)

Anonymous said...

AMB: Here are some names that I have come up with...
Grams Garb
Garments by Grams
Vintage Vail
A Gram of Love