ADDENDUM AT BOTTOM OF THIS POST
Mr. and Mrs Cardinal surprised me with an early morning visit. I was totally unprepared – still in pj’s and hair not combed. But, as luck would have it they were only interested in a little drink from the pond
and the view from the tree off my back stoop.
Then it was off to see the neighbor.
In other news, I’ve been looking for a desk – a little cottagey or shabby chic to replace this –
I couldn’t resist throwing papers all over the desk and really junking it up. Oh wait, I didn’t have to – it was already like that.
I need more room than my old spinet desk provides. I always used this as a piece of funiture to hold some pictures and maybe a small vase and a couple of candle sticks but now I need a desk that will hold desk stuff like bills, receipts etc. I think I’ve found it --- (on Craig’s List for $150)
I’ll let you know later today.
I did get the desk. I’m excited to get it here – hopefully tomorrow – and get it set up. I think I’m going to try using my old “cornshed” bookshelf as a hutch. If I like the way it works, I’ll probably paint it white and do a little distressing as the finish on it is almost black. We will see.

1 comment:
What a pretty desk. I have been trolling Craigslist for sometime now looking for an old table or something I could turn into a desk for myself. Know of anything like that? It doesn't need to be very big and it doesn't even need to have drawers or shelves. I mainly just need it to hold the extra monitor I have and the laptop and maybe some space for a little basket with paper and a cup with some pens. Hope this works out for you.
Post a Comment