Thursday, January 14, 2010

I STRUCK GOLD TODAY!

Today I stopped at Lowes to pick up a sanding block and as I was wandering around I found a display of the neatest item.

white ring remover (2) 

Several several years ago I got a chest from my grandmother that according to family legend history , came over from England on the boat with her grandmother and contained all her worldly possessions at the time.

At some point this appeared.  Except the ring went all the way around.  In my excitement today, I started working on erasing it without taking a picture of the entire before.

white ring remover (5)

white ring remover (6)

After about 15 or 20 minutes this is what it looks like now. As you could see from the package, it looks like a treated dust cloth.  You just rub and rub with the grain of the wood and the ring eventually disappears and the cloth turns black.  I’m sure that’s due to the century years of dust build up.

white ring remover (3)

Isn’t that great!   Now I don’t have to leave an open book or a crocheted doily on the corner of the chest unless I just want to.

1 comment:

Cheri said...

Oh I have to get me some of that for poppa mac's chest... glad you found it.