This has been the weirdest week ever. I’ve been in such a funk. I keep expecting Cher to suddenly appear, smack me upside the head and holler “SNAP OUT OF IT!” But, she hasn’t so I guess I’ll have to handle it myself. I’ll begin by responding to the tag my sis-in-law sent my way.
8 things to which I'm looking forward
1. The last day of school
2. The first day of retirement
3. Cultivating a healthier lifestyle
4. Selling my house
5. Getting the big move over with
6. Sewing, sewing and more sewing
7. The birth of my seventh grandchild
8. The birth of my eighth grandchild
8 things I did yesterday
1. Finished my last regular Thursday at school – the last 3 will not have the normal routine
2. Enjoyed the treats we had from parents for Teacher Appreciation
3. Baked 7 sweet potatoes in anticipation of 2 new recipes I’m fixing either tonight or tomorrow.
4. Watched Grey’s Anatomy and cried
5. Picked up extra well because someone was coming to look at the house today.
6. Same as Jessica’s number 6
7. Checked my email
8. Watched Glenn Beck (try him – you’ll like him)
8 things I would like to do
1. Win the lottery and pay off Brian’s school loans and whatever else I could pay off for the kiddos
2. Be close to ALL my grands
3. Buy a Prius (gently used one of course)
4. Always remember my non plastic bags when I go to the grocery. (I keep them in the car but never think of them till I’m checking out)
5. Have an online sewing boutique and actually make some money from it
6. Purchase a Bernina Artista 820
7. Find a quiet cabin on a lake in the mountains and be able to go there and chill for a week or two.
8. Get over my dislike of flying (maybe—I’m not real sure about this one but it sounds good.)
8 shows I watch
1. Anything NCIS
2. 24
3. The Unit
4. Law and Order SVU
5. Without a Trace
6. Anything HGTV that has to do with decorating or buying/selling houses
7. Glen Beck
8. Hannity and O’Reilly (they are back to back so I’m counting them as one)
My realtor left me a note saying that the person who looked at the house today really liked it and wants her mother to see it very soon. So I’m guessing she is looking for a house for her mom or she doesn’t make big decisions without her mother’s input.
Having a fence for two years has really spoiled me. What makes me say that you might ask? Well, the fence guy is repairing a 15 foot section of the neighbor’s fence that helps keep my dog contained. He began on Monday by taking down eveything and since has been waiting for the ground to dry out enough to dig a post hole that isn’t a well . With a chunk of the fence missing I’ve been forced to go out with Toby – which in itself I don’t mind because I often do that even with the fence. The problem is, I don’t put the leash on because it always takes longer for him to do his business when he’s leashed. So the past two nights at some point between 9 and 11 I’ve had to go searching for my dumb dog because something in the dark attracted his attention and he chose to ignore my saying NO, Stay here or something similar and ran off. Not far but it was dark and I couldn’t see him. Even white dogs don’t show up unless there’s some light available so, I had to do some searching to get him back. Anyway, I got him back and gave him a stern talking to which worked til the next night when it was dark and we repeated the process. You’d think I’d learn but …… Anyhoo, the fence post is set in the ground today so I’m hoping the rain will hold off and he will get it all finished tomorrow.
Sunday I had embroidered 6 items that were going to become burp cloths for Jen’s baby. Well, somewhere along the way I’ve lost one of them. How one loses something the size and shape of a diaper is beyond me but I did. I think I accidently threw it away. So, She will have 5 new burps instead of 6. Here are some pictures: The last one is the one that is missing.
I’m going to try and finish those and Mabry’s dress this weekend and possibly do a little cooking and freezing of food stuffs to take when I go to help out with the new man child.
Guess I’ve rambled enough so it’s time to post this sucker and move on to other things.

1 comment:
Sounds like a busy weekend. Hopefully this girl (or her mother) will like your house and buy it. Wouldn't that be a relief?!
Post a Comment