Sunday, February 8, 2009

STASHING MY STASH

Okay - in my ongoing effort to put off sitting down at the sewing machine, I spent a good part of the afternoon (after watching RETURN TO ME - one of my all time fav movies) cleaning out the "part" of my stash in the front bedroom chest of drawers. I couldn't believe how much stuff was in that dresser.

First is this 3+ yards of minkee that I will use on various baby blankets/burp cloths.

















Then there are 3 plastic (actually 2.5) shoe boxes of fat quarters. Although the beigey-brown section of this one is already a planned quilt project -hopefully to be completed in 2009.

















The next picture is mostly fabric I bought at JoAnne's when in Nashvegas a couple of weeks ago. I love the monkey fabric and will be using some of it for a quilt for Baby BOY Ensor. The other fabrics will be used for other baby quilts and kid projects.

















These are pieces of 1-3 yards --some are several years old.

















Then there is a Christmas tree skirt that I cut out a couple of long, long time ago and never sewed together. Seems to be in good shape so I'm going to do my best to finish it before next Christmas and give it to Michael so he and Avery can have a skirt for their tree.

















Finally there is all this Christmas fabric. Most of it I got at Walmart several years ago to make Christmas napkins and table cloths. Guess I'm still going to try to do that.
































Of course, this is just some of my stuff. There is another dresser bigger than this one that has more cotton pieces - 1-3 yards each, some fleecey fabrics and who knows what else. And of course my three big bins of SCRAPS and craft fabrics like the Halloween stuff I got and made pumpkin candy bags from for the grands. I'll need to do two more of those for next Halloween.
All this makes me tired just thinking about it. Think I'll go to bed and think about it tomorrow. It will give me something to do at school -- Just kidding!

1 comment:

YaYa and Pops said...

Thinking about today and wishing you blessings.