This picture is what the underside of my embroidery looked like after I had my machine cleaned and checked out. ( I don't think the tech did a great job checking the bobbin tension)
I stitched out some capital I's -- actually, just partially stitched them out -- just enough to tell if the there was a change. The bobbin thread is white and you can see that there is not any bobbin thread showing.I made small adjustments to the upper tension and then the bobbin tension -- tried about 12 times as you can see from this photo. The boxed I is what the embroidery is supposed to look like. You should see 1/3 color - 1/3 bobbin - 1/3 color. The horizontal/slanted I's are ones I did to test it out some more.

I think I won't be afraid of making small changes to my bobbin tension when it needs it. The changes are made by turning a small screw in the bobbin case. The trick is to make the changes in small increments and know where you started in case you need to reverse your changes.
Check here to see the neat give-away my niece Jessica is having. She is a crafty lady, a great mom and wife and a blogger to boot. Check out her blog and leave a comment so your name will go into the hat for the drawing.

No comments:
Post a Comment