The cauliflower soup was a little more involved because of some chopping but certainly not real difficult but boy was it good. And I'm not a fan of cauliflower. There is no cheese in it. Just butter, onions, carrot, celery, fresh or dried parsley, cauliflower, milk, half and half, salt, pepper and sour cream.
After cleaning up from my cooking, I piddled around for a while and ordered some thread and fabric from connecting threads and then tried to decide how to quilt my log cabin quilt. I looked at a bunch of quilts on line and i'd had an idea about using a decorative stitch but the quilt is two big to have to keep turning it around. I finally decided on my standby -- free motion. So
I practiced on a scrap of muslin. It looks good on the practice square but when I work with the whole quilt it doesn't look as good. I think it is because my quilting surface is not totally flat and it makes it hard to move the fabric. I have one of those wooden extender tables that makes a larger sewing surface and that raises everything up about three inches. Then I'm sitting in a regular chair at the table so instead of everything being down just above my waist, it is much higher. Among other things, I find myself holding my shoulders real stiff and tight. I'm going to save for a sewing table but I won't get it until I move next summer because I realluy don't have the room to spread it out at this point anyway. Now that I've complained about it, I'll just have to suck it up and make it work so I can get the job done. More practice will definitely help too. Soooo, tomorrow afternoon, I'll do a little more practice and a few more blocks. Have a great rest of the weekend.

2 comments:
MMMM taco soup sounds good. :)
I just found your blog and noted that you mentioned buying fabric and thread from Connecting Threads. I have been wondering about this company and considering buying from them but wanted feedback from someone who has had experience doing this. Is the quality good? Guess just a little wary due to the low prices. Please shoot me an e-mail at m.southers@hotmail.com I really would appreciate it!
Post a Comment