You can see the paint is dreary looking and the dark woodwork is just plain dark -- and the only stained woodwork in the house. Even the paneling has been painted -- before I bought the place.
These pictures I took during the process. First removing the border. I used warm soapy water and it worked quite well.
In fact, it worked so well that some of that old bordeaux came right off with it. I figured someone didn't prep the paneling too well so after cleaning the wall and before priming, I used some liquid sander on those bare paneling spots and the other wood trim and doors as well.
Here are the other during pictures of the taping and priming process.
And here is the final product. I think it looks much lighter and fresher. Now I just need to get the other trim in the dining room done between now and Thanksgiving and finish some quilts and teach school and visit my kids and .....

4 comments:
That is an amazing transformation.
Oh AMB I love the new look. The walls look great! You did an awesome job and should be very proud. If Dan and I end up back on the east coast and buy a house (like we are praying is about to happen) I am going to enlist you to help us with the decorating.
Looks good Mom! I know who I am going to recruit for painting help in my next home!
it looks SO much better. one of the rooms in our house had THREE layers of wallpaper... i still cringe when i remember removing that stuff!
Post a Comment