Sunday, September 21, 2008

ACTION PACKED WEEKEND

Well, it's been a great weekend but I'm tired:) Jen, Matty and the girls came for the weekend. Everyone was invited but some had other things planned. We had a lot of fun. They arrived around 10:30 Friday night. The girls unwound a little and then it was off to bed for them and we followed shortly thereafter. I spent my waiting time sewing. I'll tell about that later. Saturday morning, the girls were up by 7 or a little after(not quite the 9:30-10 I'm used to). Vail helped me make biscuits and scrambled eggs. She did a great job using the mixer as you can see.













After breakfast we went to feed the ducks and turtles at Bearpen Park.  Of course I forgot my camera.  But I did get these photos














These were taken before breakfast.  Katy looks really sleeepy!  Vail wanted to take some pictures so here are a couple.  You can see what's happening from her perspective.














Sad to say that is the extent of the pictures.  But on with the story of our day.  After we fed the ducks, we went to Fireman's Park and the girls played on the swings and the slides.  They had lots of fun.  Then we came home and played in the backyard, ate lunch, took naps, watched AR get whooped by AL, played some more, fixed food for the potluck we had after church today, ate with G'ma at the Mexican restaurant, came home, went back outside, came in and took baths, went to bed.  None of us stayed up too late.  We had about 114 at church this morning which is 20-25 more than normal.  So, I guess quite a few families brought friends for friend's day:)  After lunch we came home and the kids packed up and left. All of a sudden it was very quiet.   I straightened up and then did some more sewing.

And that brings me to the sewing part of my blog  entry -- I visited the local consignment shop one day last week and talked with the owner.  She is going to let me put some "stuff" in her shop to sell and won't be charging me anything at least to start with.  I have some laundry bags, burp cloths, flannel receiving blankets  and one fancier blanket that has a satin binding and some embroidery on it. I also have three little knit nightgowns and matching blankets to go with them -- made out of a really soft knit.  I forget what it's called Something island I think but it is soooo soft.   I decided to try to use up the diapers that I have to add to the burp cloths so I'm doing a Christmas one and two Halloween ones and will see how they sell.  Octoberfest is in a couple of weeks so I'm aiming to have everything priced and in her shop by then for sure.  I'm kind of excited -- guess I'll find out  if my stuff will sell.  If it sells here, I don't think I'll have a problem selling when I move up around Nashville because there will be a bigger market.  But we shall see.  Here are some pictures of what I worked on this weekend.  They aren't finished yet.  I've got some yellow and orange striped material (thin stripes) that I'll be adding across the bottom and top to the Boo cloth.
















I've got some cute white background with little pink, red, and lavender hearts that will go on the Kisses cloth.
















This Minimonster will undergo the biggest change.  Hopefully it will turn out as I visualize and I'll take a picture and post it.

















This knit blanket came in a set of 3 or four that I got on sale at Old Navy about a year or more ago.  I made an applique initial with brown minkee and hot pink thread and just pinned it on.  I plan to include an initial with that so I'm not permanently attaching it.  I have one more blanket that is khaki color and I'll do the same with it.















I found this --it came with my sewing machine.  I really liked it.  Jennifer voted to leave off the words -- Hip Hippo Hurrah!  So I did. It is going to have a material border added at the top and bottoom too.  I might add Merry Christmas Baby!  to this on one of the borders.  We'll see.  Anyway, I totally messed up two diapers --actually my sewing machine did.  I don't know what the problem was.  If it was the needle or because I used diapers that are really thick in the middle section.  I was ready to tear my hair out yesterday --I sewed and cooked while the girls were sleeping.  I cleaned the machine really well and it did fine today but I didn't use any of those diapers.  I'm going to try to call the bernina shop tomorrow and see if they can advise me.   I'll take some group pics of everything when I get everything priced and put together.
That's it for now.  Hope everyone has a good week.













1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I just love the Kisses one!! Maybe I will have to stop down to MS and have a look at your wares.