Sometimes I get so aggravated at Microsoft for even inventing VISTA. Though there are lots of things I like about it, it is so frustrating to find out that every peripheral and every piece of software that works with XP does not work with VISTA. I've had to upgrade just about every program I had with XP including my embroidery software. I also found out my all in one would no longer scan documents as documents -- only pictures. Well, I finally found a replacement at a reasonable price and after getting it home and setting it up I scanned a page and clicked add pages. Got an error message. Same error I was getting with my old reliable scanjet I used to use. I finally gave up trying to get it to work right and so after calling Dell and not getting any help, I called HP. I spent over an hour on the phone with this guy -- mainly because he had me downloading a newer version of the software that runs the scanner. It took forever to download because it was 150+ MBs. We had an interesting conversation as we uninstalled the old printer software while waiting for the new to download. Then he had me install the new version and -- works like a charm. No more error message. WooHoo!! I finished scanning the 150 page notebook I was doing for my boss. It scans fast and lets me save as a PDF file. Exactly what I wanted. No having to change something. Anyway, that's why HP rocks. Microsoft - not so much.
No comments:
Post a Comment