Monday, March 3, 2008

I WON! I WON!!

A few weeks ago I came across a sewing site that has what they call "Monday GiveAway" The lady posts a picture of what she is going to give away -- sewing notions or some fat quarters (if you take a yard of fabric, open it up and cut it into quarters, you have four fat quarters -- often quilts will call for a certain number of fat quarters rather than yardage). I entered and checked the next monday but my name wasn't drawn. So I left another comment and today while having lunch I thought about it being Monday and decided to check the site. Well, I read "Congratulations to Grams ...." I started out thinking -- oh man I didn't win again and then thought -- Wait! That's me! So, I'll soon be the proud owner of the following "fat quarters"
Not bad -- don't you think.
Dress update: I'm working on the hem in Vail's blue dress and went ahead and cut out the ones for Avery, Suzannah and Molly B. I hope to atleast finish Avery's before leaving for Nashville and then I'll have everything set to do the other two when I get back. They won't take long cause everything including the interfacing has been cut out.
We were supposed to have some weather tonight but other than a few rumblings, it's just been rain, rain, rain. Thank goodness! Don't much like having to sit in the hall bathroom with just me and Toby. Well, I have a hem to sew in to I'm off for now.

1 comment:

Cheri said...

Congratulations on your win and what better gift for a quilter. So who will be the recipient of this quilt?

Cheri