Sunday, March 23, 2008

ANOTHER FINISHED PROJECT - WOOHOO!!

I'll have plenty of hand- sewing this week during down time at school. The yoke linings on the last of the shoulder tie dresses and the binding on the nursery rhyme quilt. I did the quilting yesterday and this afternoon and put the binding on tonight. Don't know why I didn't finish it sooner -- I really like it now that it's done. I used a decorative stitch (# 305 on the Bernina 730) on all the straight lines. The stitch reminds me of a bunch of simplified astrisks all strung together. Then I did some large curley -ques on the sashing pieces and the border. The I did a diamond shape around each of the embroidery designs. It worked out really well. I cut the binding strips so the stripes were perpendicular to the edge of the quilt. I really like how that turned out. The binding looks wide in the picture because I haven't turned it to the back yet. Anyway, the pictures below are of the quilt and also the squares for Jennifers rag quilt. She is going to get a little more material so I can add another row of squares. I'm going to work on getting my log cabin quilt top finished in the next week or so. Then I'm going to try to tackle the quilt top for Grandmother's surprise quilt. Can't wait to share the plan for that -- Let's just say it involves trees and some falling leaves.

Here are some pictures of the nursery song quilt and jens rag quilt squares.


3 comments:

Cheri said...

What a wonderful job. I envy you because I do not have the patience for this. Do you take orders...hint hint?

Love ya,
Cheri

jennifer said...

yeah mom that looks fabulous!! i can't wait to get it. i guess i will have to hurry over to the stitcher's garden for some fabric.:) someone is going to love that nursery rhyme quilt!!

Amber said...

I love it, Mama Neal! So jealous for a girly one...