Ok - so Spring Break ended and we had a Professional Development day, three days with students and now it's Easter Break. They could've just given us the extra week -- I for one would never have complained!!!
I finished all the "summer tie over the shoulder dresses" so I'm working on quilts. Jennifer picked out some fabric for a Rag Quilt -- she had seen one in the fabric shop in Franklin. I've cut out the squares - the batting squares are the least f
un -- and have sandwiched 16 of the squares and sewed them with a big X. Once I do all of them like that, I'll lay them out and then sew them all together. Here is a picture of the fabric. It will make a really soft comfy throw and she probably won't have to worry about any guys wanting to wrap up in it. Anyway, after picking out that material I thought that these rag quilts would make rally fun presents for the grands for xmas. So, we came up with "signature" colors for each ot the girls and went ahead and picked out Katy's fabric. Her color is yellow. Vail's will be blue, Avery Green, Molly B pink and Suzannah will be purple. It was wierd because I couldn't decide about a color for Suzannah -- the others were easier to pick and then when they were here I found out that purple is her favorite at least for right now so I made a good guess. Sewing is my stress reliever so it's great for me to be able to sew this weekend. Well, it's late and I'm going to bed.

1 comment:
CUTE fabric! that is going to be a neat one! oh, and great job w/ the colors! :)
Post a Comment