Wednesday, March 18, 2009

SNEAK PEEK AT NEW BABY NEAL QUILT



I think I mentioned that I wanted to make an all pink and white quilt for the new baby neal girl who will be arriving in June. Well, the best laid plans .....
I fell in love with these very pretty shades of pink, green, blue, whatever this color is -- I LOVE it. Believe it or not it really isn't blue -- it's kind of a turquoise on turquoise and turquoise with white and a white on white. One will be 8 inch blocks and a 3 inch border, one will be 1 inch sashing between the blocks and one will be the backing. All three will be used in the binding. Of course all of the above can be changed at the whim of the sewer(pronounced sower -- not "sue-er" I think it's late for me to be blogging)-- and,the sewer -- that would be me :)



















Here is a sample of what you might see on some of the blocks -- not in red but a thread matching the pink, green, blue, whatever that color is. (Don't know why the pics are so yellow) Remember this is just a sampling --- I'll be doing 24 of these and have more than that to choose from. My favorite that will definitely be included --- think Charlton Heston and water -- lots of water.







I won't start on this till after Easter probably so you'll have to wait til then for some updates.


1 comment:

YaYa and Pops said...

That looks like it is going to be so great! I can't wait to see the finished product. I know Stacey will love it!!!!