Monday, March 30, 2009

QUILTS AND PILLOWCASES

Jennifer asked me to make some pillowcases for the girls out of some flannel she had so I did and embroidered their names. I think they will like them. Vail especially as she is totally obsessed with anything fish. Here's a sneak peek. I'll post the finished ones tomorrow.































































I've embroidered 1/4 of the squares for the quilt. They are sitting on the sashing fabric. I think I may have to put some interfacing or white behind the white squares so the outline stitching shows up. It shows up well on the squares where the stabilizer is still on but on the square I washed it doesn't stand out well at all.
I might see if I can find the thread color I'm using but several shades darker and redo the embroidery. Then I won't have to worry about backing the squares. I'll try to look at the shop downtown tomorrow -- she only has a small selection but maybe I'll get lucky.





































Last but not least, I forgot to pick the TobMagnet up off the floor and in the middle of updating I was forced to take a picture of this ----- Can't help but love him!!










2 comments:

Cindy said...

Toby is just trying to help and he got tired. LOL

Cheri said...

Ahhh...he just loves to be near anything "momma," what a sweet pup he is. Gotta love him.

Thanks for the phone call Sat. it was so good to chat with you and I hope you come see us before we move from here.

Love ya,
Cheri