I also made the label (by machine to be attached by hand) for the red (mostly) quilt I'll be quilting and hopefully bind next week while on spring break. Maybe I'll even get the yellow brick road quilt sandwiched and started quilting -- I plan to pick up some batting while in Nashvegas this weekend. I have a list of things to get. Now I can't even run to Wally World for elastic or pins or batting because all that stuff has been removed. One more reason to be glad I'm moving closer to fabric stores.
I've been thinking about a lot of the finals I've been going through related to retirement. My last Thanksgiving break -- check. Last first day of school -- check. Last Christmas Break -- check. Last first, second and third nine weeks - check (as of this Friday). Coming up -- last spring break, last state testing week, last classroom inventory, last sixth grade exhibition, and last last day of school. I've enjoyed and am looking forward to each of them. I love the job - still look forward to it every day but I'm soooo ready for some new challenges. Scared too but I guess that comes with the territory.

4 comments:
I LOOOVE that quilt Vail. The colors are so pretty. I know you are having mixed feelings with your retirement but excited about the new phase of your life. I was just thinking this morning about how I miss getting to see everyone each day from where I used to work. Time marches on. But life with Grands is so amazing. It's exhausting but what a blessing to be a part of those precious lives. I'm excited for you.
Vail,
First I have to say that I love this quilt, I guess that is all the Fall colors in it and that is my favorite season.
As for retiring, it will be scary at first but you always seem so busy and moving to Nashvegas with the kids/grands being there will also keep you busy. Your mom always told me to look at each move as an adventure. Just think, you get a part time job in a fabric store and you'll be in your element. I really hope all your plans work for you.
Now you'll have time to come visit us (where ever that might be). Yeah!
Love ya,
Cheri
Very pretty quilt!! I know retiring is scary, but just think of all of the freedom you will have to travel and craft til your heart is content!
Okay, so I'm at a loss here....but don't laugh everyone. What/where is Nashvegas?
Retiring? Think SEWING, that'll make you smile too.
Oh, I just love this log cabin quilt. The colors are so warm and inviting.
Post a Comment