Saturday, December 13, 2008

SEW FUN

I've had so much fun sewing this weekend. I've made Christmas pillowcases for the kids and a baby gift for Matty's brother's wife. In between I've been to the ladies Christmas party at church, out to eat on Friday night and downtown trying to find the perfect present for my big sis. Usually I see something that just says "Beth" but no so this year. At least not yet. But I'm not giving up. I'll have time to do a little looking in NashVegas and in Dayton too. Anyway, here are pictures of my weekend sewathon.

These are the pillowcases. I think that they will be big enough for kingsize pillows but that's okay. I'm hoping they will become part of each family's Christmas traditions. They were very easy to make but as usual, I learned something from making them. The red fabric was thin enough that I think if I had used some iron on interfacing of some sort, it wouldn't have puckered when I embroidered it. I used heavier stabilizer but it didn't quite do the trick. I liked the decorative stitching (hearts) that I added at the end. The Names just seemed lonesome on the red all by themselves. The border could have been a little narrower but it's fine as is too. I felt all the Christmas fabrics at Walmart and these were the two softest and the two cutest actually.














This is the practice sew out from one of the things I did for Natalie. I just use one color usually so I don't have to spend time changing thread colors. I thought the cupcake was really cute and then just added the words.



Here are the final products. I love doing single initials with the name on top. The little blanket and the burp cloth have cupcakes , lollypops, ice cream sodas and hearts on them. Hope Nat and Micah like them.



Well, I've dug through my stash and found fabric for another project. I ran to the fabric shop and found a really neat scrap of 30 dollar fabric and got it for half price and it will make a great coordinating fabric. I'm off to start on it. Watch for photos. I'm using the pattern from the Internet of the pleated purse that Jessica had in her giveaway.

I'm also going to put my suitcase out later tonight so I can get started packing for my trip next Thursday. I'm excited to see everyone in NashVegas for an evening and especially to spend Christmas with my sis. She's the best.

2 comments:

jennifer said...

Love the pillow cases mom. We definitely be taking the to NM when we go. Nat is going to love what you made. You know how she loves cupcakes.

TexasNeals said...

you. are. awesome.
natalie is going to love what you made for her and i am so in love w/ the pillow cases! what a fun idea! you know how i love traditioins...i'm so excited. :)