What a day this has been!! What with being out of the country from the ninth until the 20th, Beth was a little behind in her Christmas preparations. Then, between the virus that John's family and Ben had and Holly being in the hospital - we found out she didn't have a virus but her problem was actually a result of scar tissue from her gall bladder surgery awhile back wrapping around her intestine and causing it to kink or something similar. Anyway, all is well in the health department for now. Back to my story, what with all those things happening, the tree didn't get decorated until 11pm last night. And there were still gifts to get and wrap yesterday. We managed to take care of those things and got to bed before midnight. Breakfast was set for ten am today. I was downstairs around 9:30 -- Beth had been up since before eight. She had fixed a great breakfast for us. Yogurt parfaits -- fresh fruit and yogurt topped with homemade granola, bacon wrapped cocktail sausages, cheesy grits and cherry ring. Of course coffee, milk and juice were part of the deal. After breakfast Beth cleaned up the kitchen and I put the tree skirt around the tree and put the gifts under the tree. Then Lundy, Beth, Robbie, Brian and I opened our gifts. Santa left me a sack of neat happies -- a Christmas towel and potholder for the kitchen, a quilting calendar, some note cards, recipe cards and other things I dont' remember right now. I also got an ott light lamp, Mama Mia on DVD, and a really nice digital picture frame. Can't wait to put my pictures on it. I'd tell what everyone else got but since this is about me . . . .
We ate a Nana's at 2- that was the time for the appetizers. They included some boiled shrimp, mussels, chip and dip and antipasta. At 5pm supper was served -- a true Italian feast -- homemade lasagna with meatballs and italian sausage on the side, chicken cacciatore, salad and deserts to die for including tapioca which I haven't had in years. It was delicious and I ate entirely too much. Now we are back home and Brian has helped Uncle Lundy get his surround sound/tv/vcr/dvd/all hooked up and working together and now we are watching Home Alone on FX. Tomorrow is a no cooking day at this house. Beth and I are going to hit some after Xmas sales and hopefully just chill for awhile. Amy and her family will be in tomorrow night sometime.
Hope everyone had a great day (especially the TX Neals). Hugs to one and all
3 comments:
I am so glad you had such a nice Christmas. Sounds like it sure had some events leading up to it. Tell everyone hello for us! Have fun and good luck finding some good sales tomorrow. Betsy, Mom and I plan to be at Target early in the morning.
Sounds like you are having so much fun. It was a great day here with your Texas kids. So wonderful to be able to be with family. We are all so blessed! Merry Christmas Vail.
Glad to hear everyone is okay, that's the best Christmas present of all!
Happy New Year!
Post a Comment