Tuesday, May 27, 2008

A FUN MEMORIAL DAY WEEKEND

One thing I don't like about blogger.com is how you load pictures. You have to know the order you want them on the blog and load the last ones first or you spend a lot of time moving stuff around. Not fun!! Or maybe I just don't know what I'm doing -- that's a distinct possibility :))


Anyway, G'ma and I left Friday around 10 am and headed for Nashvegas. We got to Michael's around 4:00. It seemed to take forever -- I think because I was in a hurry to get there. We visited for a little while and then headed out for the evening. We met Jen and family and Robbie at an Italian restaurant called Corraba's (I think) and had a fun time visiting with Robbie and eating some good Italian fare.



After supper we stood around outside and the kids played in the grass while we visited some more.








Saturday, Michael, Avery, G'ma and I went to Crockett Park in Brentwood


























and then we went to the Loveless Cafe about a 30 minute drive. It has been written up in a lot of mags such as Southern Living and is considered one of the best places to go for good down home southern cooking. It was worth the drive and the wait. Michael and Avery let me make their picture while we were waiting.



Saturday night Jen and fam came over to Michael's and we ate some rotissiere chicken and veggies and played outside and then all the kids took a bath before it was timeto go home. We were tired!! :)











Sunday was a day for worship and relaxation and dinner at Pie In the Sky -- a pizza place. Then yesterday we had a cookout rainy weather and all at Jennifers. It was fun. Mario Cart, screaming kids and lots of visiting. Vail and Avery either love eachother or fight -- it's seldom in between and last night was fight night. We couldn't help but laugh at them. Katy is starting to take some steps. It was fun to be there to see that too.






















2 comments:

Holly said...

It looks like you had a great time! I loved all the pictures of your family! Your grandchildren are just beautiful! I am so glad you got to go to the Loveless. Isn't it good?

Cheri said...

What a great blog, thanks for sharing, Vail. Love all the pictures.

I know what you mean about posting pictures and such, I hate that too.