Sunday, June 1, 2008

TOTALLY UNMOTIVATED& MY HYDRANGEA IS BLOOMING

Ever since I got out of school I've done very little other than lay around and read blogs and watch HGTV. I just can't seem to get in the mood to do anything. I mean I am doing things -- fixing meals -- going to church -- doing the church bulletin but I haven't picked up my sewing or even the pair of socks I started working on. What's wrong with me? It's hay making time. I need to get with it.

We had a major storm this afternoon -- all wind and no rain to speak of -- didn't even get the ground totally wet but the sky was sure dark and the wind was REALLY REALLY blowing. Anyway -- the picture on the right shows a limb on my river birch just hanging down. I guess I'll have to get one of my nice neighbors to finish breaking it off. I had two other branches break off of another tree. They were about 2" in diameter and 6' long. I put them out on the street after church tonight along with a big armful of much smaller branches that blew out of the trees.

While I was at it I took a picture of my one lone hydrangea -- it's starting to bloom. The flowers are really pretty. I wouldn't mind having more bushes. Toby was out there watching me "sort of work" so I got a picture of him too. He is enjoying his new yard but I think he sometimes wishes it was a little bigger.

It did cool off some after the wind storm. If it stays cooler, I'm going to do a little work around the patio tomorrow. And, I have about 1-2 hours of work left on a dress I started last year and I'm going to do my best to finish it before I head out to TX on Wed. I'm also going to go by VBS tomorrow and Tues in case they need an extra set of hands.

I'll be leaving Wed morning around 7 heading to Jackson for my 10:00 meeting with the retirement people and then I'll be off to Longview. From looking at the map, I will be close to Interstate 20 when I get to the PERS building so maybe I won't get lost trying to find my way out.

1 comment:

Amber said...

I know the feeling, Mama Neal! I've got plenty of hay to make, but I think I got superglue on my rear, and then I sat down.

Your hydrangeas made me smile. They are my favorites after poppies.
Love you!