Tuesday, May 6, 2008

YES, I'M STILL SEWING -- I THINK :)

This is Jennifers rag quilt in the final stages. You can see the binding in the upper right if you click the picture and see the larger version. It is made from all the different colors and will look neat when it is all sewn down. It is attached but I haven't turned it to the other side and handsewn it. Then I will have to "rag" all those exposed seams by clipping them (probably 4-5 snips per inch). Then, I will wash it and dry it a couple of times to get it to ravel and look raggy. :)










This will be the dress on the left side of the pattern envelope when I finish the bodice and then attach the skirt. It is for Vail -- I bought the material and cut it out LAST summer. She'll be able to wear it this summer (assuming I actually finish it :)) and then can pass it on. My list will be a little shorter when I finish these -- actually just one item shorter because the rag quilt was an add on -- why do I keep doing that??


My next post I'll show pics of the material I got for g'ma's quilt and a picture of the pattern -- think I've posted one before but it will refresh the memory of any who are interested. Working on that quilt top and putting together the log cabin quilt top will be next on my list.

When I travel this summer I may just take my serger and the several pieces of xmas material I've collected the last couple of Christmases so I can make a bazillion Christmas napkins. That won't take a whole lot of brain power so maybe I can accomplish a fairly big job without having to think too hard. We'll see.

3 comments:

jennifer said...

wow mom you are a super sewing beast! i love the quilt! i am very excited about it....by the way i love add ons :)

Cheri said...

You definitely are the sewing Queen. I applaud you. I feel guilty for not sewing for Mabry but it just seems so much easier to go to Target...ha ha

Anonymous said...

very cool!
kellie