Wednesday, May 7, 2008

THE "FAMILY TREE" QUILT


Here are the pics of g'mas family tree quilt (although blurry or maybe my glasses just need cleaning :)

The first picture is what the quilt will look like - minus a border -- I'll add that. The second shows the fabric for the grass, tree and then three different leaf colors. They don't dshow up real well -- its a green and a yellow/gold and a red batik. The red doesn't look as pink as it does in the picture . It is just a light red. The third is the sky fabric that I'll be getting from the Internet.

The last is a machine applique/embroidery design I found for a dollar. It is the same leaf basically that comes with the quilt pattern and will make the applique part so much easier. Yea!!




I will have to use my software and see if I can group two or three leaves into a cluster for some of the leaves that are on the tree instead of all of them being single leaves. We shall see if I can do it.
Also, there won't be any pictures on any leaves -- just names and birthdays will be embroidered on them. I'm excited about getting started on it.












1 comment:

jennifer said...

Love the sky fabric. Good choice. That is going to look so fabulous. Grandomother is going to love it. What is that really cute fabric behind the pattern in that first picture. I really love it :)