Thursday, May 22, 2008

GOOD NEWS -- VERY BAD NEWS


The good news is school is out for the year but sadly it is very much overshadowed by some really bad news that the son of a former youth minister was killed in a horrible and tragic accident early Wed morning and he would have been graduating from highschool tomorrow night. His name is John Robert Dobbs and his dad John was our youth minister when the kids were younger. Everybody loved John and his wife Maggie. John Robert was very young when they left here. They moved to Pascagoula where John was preaching until just recently when he accepted a job in the Monroe, LA area. He had been staying in Monroe while the rest of the fam was still in MS til the house sold and JR graduated. They went through hurricane Katrina which destroyed their home and the church building and have done so many great things to help in the rebuilding of their community. John Robert was very well liked and from what I've read was involved in church and community projects. I can't even imagine what they are going through right now. That picture was taken last weekend. JR with his grandparents who live here and worship with us. They had gone to visit with the fam down there since they wouldn't be going to graduation.

On a brighter note, G'ma and I are leaving in the morning to go spend Memorial Day with Michael and Avery and of course the Ensor clan. We are hoping to see Robbie while we are there too. Hopefully the weather will be pretty nice and we will be able to do some fun stuff while we are there.

We will come home Tuesday. Wednesday I will go to school to make up my missing tomorrow. Thursday I have to do a 2 hour workshop at one of the elementary schools and then my summer will officially begin -- why you might ask is that the official beginning -- because I DON'T PLAN ON THINKING ABOUT SCHOOL OR GOING TO SCHOOL AFTER THAT UNTIL AUGUST 4TH!! . I can't wait. But, I guess I'll have to. Probably Friday I'll keep my pajamas on all day -- maybe Sat. too :) After that I'll be plotting my trip west and then east on the map and calendar:)

Gotta pack so this is it for now.

We love you John and Margaret. We are praying for your family.

1 comment:

TexasNeals said...

we, too, were so upset at the news about john robert. why does that stuff happen?
i hope you have a nice trip to nashville. i know you will. :)
give everybody hugs from us!