Tuesday, April 8, 2008

ONLY SIX TO GO

I'm down to six squares -- I've got 42 finished of my log cabin quilt. I'll have them done by the weekend if I don't get sidetracked. One thing I've figured out is that you should not buy your quilt backing for a log cabin quilt until you get at least some of your blocks put together. There are 24 fabrics used in this quilt and I think what I got for the backing is really too busy. It needs to be toned down. The fabric I got has a light background full of tiny flowers. Now I'm thinking that will be way too light. There are a couple of the greens that I really like or even the red that is the center of all the blue and green squares. I think I'm going to see if the store where I bought the fabric still has any of that fabric left. I can use the light for another quilt. Or, maybe, after I get the top made, I'll like the light fabric for the back and won't worry about it any more. Off to bed.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can't believe i've never seen your blog before! Anyway, i'm going to start a "family" quilt but i've never done one. i thought i would just do 5 inch squares of cotton fabric patterned with fun "stuff" but after seeing your rag quilt for jenn i may make the squares bigger. and i hadn't thought to do smaller sections with the batting...i thought i'd have to wrestle with this huge length of fabric...anyway, thanks for the tips to a newbie!
miss you. kellie