Wednesday, April 9, 2008

COMFORT ZONE

We all have a comfort zone. Mine has gotten very small since Bob died, at least in respect to hospitality (family is discluded from this). He has been gone ten years now and I don't think I've had people in my home for a meal ten times since then. The few times I have, I've always had grandmother come too so there would be an even number or maybe I thought I needed a chaperone. It's not like we were going to play cards or something. Anyway, I've invited three couples over for a hamburger cookout on Friday. One of the couples is our new preacher and his wife. I really like both of them and so I thought I'd help them get to know some of the other folks by having them over. Someone is bringing a desert, someone else chips and then I'm doing the burgers, buns and condiments. (That makes me think of the time we were collecting things for hurricane ? when the kids were young teens. We had labels on tables in our fellowship hall so things would be sorted and easier to pack up to take on a truck to Louisiana. Well, one label said condiments and Mr. Lyn kind of hyperventilated when he first saw it because I guess his glasses needed cleaning or something. Anyway it was funny when it happened.) Enough digressing -- hopefully this cookout will be a step in the right direction toward enlarging my comfort zone back to what it used to be.


UPDATE ON THE CHURCH DIRECTORY: The copying thing is not going to work. So, we are going to have to get people to stay after church to have their pictures made. I think I'm just going to say that for three weeks I will have my camera with me at every service (that will be a total of 9 times if you count Wed. night) and will stay and take pictures as long as there are people there -- after that they will either have to email me a picture or just not have a picture in the directory. That should be enough time. It dragged out for six weeks before -- kind of ridiculous when there are only 50 something familys involved.

Michael leaves for Nashville next Wednesday. I won't be there to see him off but I will be there to welcome him back on the 26th. Can't wait!! Well, I'm off to bed but before I go, I did do three more log cabin squares so I've only got three more to go -- Yipee!!!

2 comments:

jennifer said...

the mr. lynn story was by far one of the funniest ever. YEAH for your cookout. it is going to be fun!!

Peace family said...

I know your dinner party will be great tomorrow night. We always enjoy ourselves when we're in your home. Have a great time with it! Hope Michael has a great trip. I'm sure Brian is WAY excited to have him!