Saturday, April 12, 2008

FUN ON A FRIDAY NIGHT

Well, I opted for a different kind of occasion last night. It's called run out of gas for the grill and have a sub host while you go somewhere else to cook the burgers. It worked out rather well :)

I was going to have the burgers all done before anyone got here so about 5:15 I lit the grill and about 5:20 I put the burgers on. The fire was going nicely and all was good. I sat down and read the first couple of pages of the paper for about 10 minutes -- maybe a little longer. At one point during that time I checked the burgers -- everything was fine. I went out about twenty to six to flip them over and --- NO FIRE -- where's the devil when you really need him???? So, I called Carolyn who luckily lives two doors down (but doesn't have a gas grill) and asked if she would come over a few minutes earlier than six and then called Aunt Donna (barely caught them before they walked out the door to go whereever they were going) and Lowell lit the grill and I piled the burgers (15) into a baking dish and went the couple of blocks to their house. Got back about 6:25 and everybody was sitting around talking and enjoying each others company. We got the food out of the fridge -- everything was prepared and already on plates or in bowls ---- put the buns in a basket and the burgers on a platter and sat down to eat. I think everybody had a good time and got to know Tim and Debbie a little better.

After everyone left, about 9 or so I was wanting to go somewhere (don't ask me why) so Toby and I went to WallyWorld to pick up a couple of things and then came home about 10 and I finished the hand sewing on the binding of the nursery rhyme quilt and watched Without A Trace that I recorded Thurs. Night -- didn't go to bed til about 1. It was probably the coke I drank at 10. Anyway. knowing I would sleep til at least 9 this morning I was wide awake at 6:30. So I finally got up, swept and rearranged the patio, emptied the dishwasher, took Toby for a walk ate some yogurt and bacon and will go get a refill for the gas grill and some lead washers to hopefully keep my shutter from blowing down everytime the wind picks up.

It's a beautiful day though a little cool.

1 comment:

TexasNeals said...

so proud of you for getting out of your comfort zone. i'm sure they really appreciated it. :)