Sunday, November 1, 2009

THE KITCHEN

Here are some before pictures of the kitchen from right after I moved in. I think it had been painted by this time. The new paint color is quite similar to the old just lighter by several shades. If you look closely you can see the old floor. Definitely like the new better. On the still to do list is countertops and a new sink. I’m also changing the window treatments. I set the new fabric in the window --- you’ll see it in the after pictures. The roman shades will be replaced with cafe curtains in the new fabric. I’m planning to hang the curtains a little above the halfway point in the window and then not do a valance. I want to let lots of light in but be able to have privacy at night if needed.

IMG_1341IMG_1338 IMG_1339 IMG_1340

This is the only before picture that shows the top of the cabinets.

Moving In (52)

You can see just a little of the “empty space” in the upper left corner. The ceiling is over twelve feet on that wall so that is a lot of nothing up there. Thanks to raiding my mom’s fruit cellar where the old crocks and bottles are and the decorating eye that my sis has I think you will really like how it turned out. The only things up there we bought were the sunflowers and the two little wooden crates.

Now for the after – the appliances have been replaced. I also have a new vent to go above the stove – it’s stainless also but hasn’t been installed yet. I’m looking for a cart or something to set next to the end of the counter where you see the trash can to set the microwave on. Once I find what I’m looking for it will free up that counter space and I think I’ll have plenty of space for fixing meals.

MetMonpart2 (2)

IMG_1908 IMG_1909 IMG_1910 MetMonpart2MetMonpart2 (3) MetMonpart2 (4) MetMonpart2 (5) MetMonpart2 (6) MetMonpart2 (7) MetMonpart2 (8) MetMonpart2 (9) MetMonpart2 (10) MetMonpart2 (13)

The table I’m using will probably be replaced if I ever find an old farmhouse table. The chairs are school house chairs I recently purchased and I love them. They are are nice and sturdy but not modern looking. The pastel of the apples on top of the pie safe was done by my aunt. I really like how it looks up there. If anyone read this far, thanks for putting up with this unorganized rambling. See you next time and don't forget to head over to Susan's place and see all the other Met Monday posts.




10 comments:

Kelly B said...

How lovely!! I would loooove to have a kitchen like that!! I have a little pipper of a kitchen, but it works so I can't complain!! I would absolutely love to have cabinets like that with all that space!! Drool bib, please!!

Nancy said...

Wonderful. I'm still in love with stainless appliances.

Anonymous said...

That kitchen looks really good. You did a great job. Hardwood floors are so nice. I would love to find an old farmhouse table. Search Craigslist. How do you like having stainless appliances?

dee dee said...

Nice job with redoing your kitchen! Let your Aunt know that her art piece is lovely! Thanks for sharing... Dee Dee

Anonymous said...

You've done a great job! Your kitchen looks so nice. Love the wall color and what you've done on the tops of your cabinets! Wish I had some space like that.
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Its So Very Cheri said...

It looks great--a fresh new look--good job.

Cheri

cindy said...

Sure looks beautiful...Wish I had high ceilings. Sometimes I feel like the walls are crashing in :O) Definitely love the floor too.

Johnny said...

Looking good Vail... What about the table like we now have.

Love you, Johnny and Carol

TexasNeals said...

looks good! it's amazing what a difference flooring makes! i LOVE those chairs!!! keep up the hard work! ;)

Vail said...

I got the chairs especially for Billy -- if you know what I mean:)) Y'all will have to come so he can test them for me!!