I grew up in Pennsylvania – lots of hills. After I married I lived in the Mississippi Delta – can you say f-l-a-t?? Now I’m near Nashville TN and the hills are back and they are beautiful in the fall. Today, Toby and I went for a ride and took some pictures. We drove out behind the area where I live and figured out that I live closer to the railroad than I thought. There are quite a few trains that run through here. I hear them during the day – they are not annoying to me at all but rather a pleasant reminder that someone is working and shipping their goods for others to use and enjoy. If the trains run in the night I don’t hear them. We saw lots of trees with bright gold and orange leaves, several farms and in between lots and lots and lots of subdivisions.
The road leading up to the railroad track
I think at least some of the trains come from the Saturn Plant that is south of town and will soon be closing (thank you federales and stimulus wizards) but who knows where it (the railroad) is going.
These are some more pictures from the road where we crossed the railroad tracks.
This house has got to be easy to find if you know what I mean.
These cows are in a field that is right beside Publix. I think I’m in an Urban/Rural area or would it be Rural/Urban? It’s just funny to me to have barns and pastures right in the middle of a cluster of shopping centers.
Somebody thought these guys might get chilly while grazing.
One of many subdivisions we passed though this one is not as impressive as some. I kept wondering where the money was coming from.
A big cattle ranch/farm stuck amongst a couple of very big subdivisions that had some really big houses in them. The house below however is, I think, the main house on the cattle ranch. There was a huge pond or mini-lake between the house and the road and of course a bunch of cows behind a nice fence.
I’m thinking some good steaks --
I’m having company this weekend. My mother in law and Miss Opal are coming up to visit my new place. Can’t wait to see them.
When they pass Kroger and come up over the hill, they’ll see this old silo and that’s how they’ll know to turn on the road that will take them to my house. (FYI) The old farmhouse that comes with the silo – you can kind of see it in the background – is a cardiology clinic. Just thought that was interesting when I first saw it.

2 comments:
I think anyone could see that house even at night. Great photos.
Great pictures! I know Toby enjoyed getting out and seeing the beautiful countryside. Doesn't he like cows? Glad I read about grandma and Miss Opal. Wouldn't have known where they were. Anyway have a great weekend...
Love you and miss you,
Johnny
Post a Comment