Friday, November 20, 2009

MMMM TACO SOUP

Vail visited for awhile the other afternoon and wanted to help me make some taco soup. After washing our hands and putting on an apron, we set out the ingredients and put some chicken tenderloins on to boil. While they were cooking, I opened the cans and the envelopes (yes envelopes) that would be added to the soup and Vail dumped them in a big bowl. She stirred very gently to mix everything thoroughly.

She also helped to make the buttermilk for the cornbread by adding a T of vinegar to our cup of milk, and then poured and dumped the cornbread ingredients into the mixing bowl as I measured. All the while a continuous stream of conversation poured from her sweet lips. One of these days I’ll be smart enough to record it. She is a hoot. Her mind just bubbles over whenever she is doing something. While the cornbread and the soup were cooking she helped me wash the dishes. That’s when I thought about getting the camera. You can see she is very intent on what she was doing.

taco soup (2) taco soup

When the cornbread was done and the soup was hot, we packed up some of each and took to her house for supper. She was still talking about cooking as we drove to her house. Suddenly it was very quiet in the back seat and when I glanced back my little cook was sound asleep. Cooking and cleaning up will do that to you:)



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh I hope you do remember to video it sometime! Would love to see it.