In the fall of ‘06 a sewing store in another Delta town was having a monthly class of sorts where you would go to the meeting and for a fee, you got all the makings for a project and then had time to get a good start on it or even finish it if you were really quick. Anyway, you took it home to finish if needed.
Well, mine made it home but got set aside and then it got moved from the big house to the little house and then from MS to TN. While sorting through things in my sewing room, I came across the long lost project. It’s a table runner and it was all put together except for being quilted and adding the binding. Yesterday I quilted it and since the binding fabric was not to be found, I looked through the Christmas fabric I had and of course I had nothing that would remotely go … I mean the “old” Christmas red and green we grew up with are not “it” these days. The shades have changed and even other colors besides have become a lot more popular. So, it was off to the Stitcher’s Garden - home of 20,000 plus (my "underestimate" I'm sure) bolts of fabric. The new Christmas fabrics up front didn’t go but way in the back corner where the leftovers from the last few years were I found something that at least had some of the same shades in it. Here is the finished product except for the hand sewing of the binding.
And here are two other projects I found today – these were done at classes I didn’t make it to and because I had already paid, I got them later – problem is the instructions are not complete and there is not a picture of the final project so I have no idea what these are supposed to be – Crazy me:)
And so I repeat … never wait three years to finish a project.

No comments:
Post a Comment