Sunday, June 21, 2009

THIS IS IT

Tonight will be my last time to worship here – as a citizen of Cleveland – I will definitely be back to visit.  They are having a “send off” for me after church.  Please bring Finger Foods.  (That’s what the announcement said)   I’ve lived here 37 years.   That’s a long time.  These people are definitely family if you know what I mean.

My sis will be here any minute too.  I had told her not to come but she called yesterday afternoon and asked “Are you sure you don’t want me to come?”  No, I replied I want you to.  That’s all it took.  She left this morning and will be here shortly.  The moving guy came by – brought me my bill – wanted to look one more time at all the stuff.  He’s concerned that one big and one smaller truck may not be enough but I think after looking again he’s feeling somewhat better about it.  Now if they just get the stuff together and we close in the morning or right after lunch, all the hard part will be over.

I may not blog much over the next few weeks but will do my best.  Bye for now.

PS  Happy Father’s Day to my three favorite dads.  Michael, Billy and Matty.  You are terrific and I love you!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aunt Beth sure is a good sister.

I am sure your send off went really well and is something you won't forget. :)

Glad that the hard part is almost over.

Johnny said...

Are you sure you want to leave? I'm sure going to miss you very much. A lot of years of sitting in front of you every Sunday. Listening to your voice and wondering how do you know all the songs without picking up your book? Good luck! We love you and hope to hear from you.

Johnny