Sunday, June 14, 2009

ARE YOU KIDDING ME?

I promise this is not criticizing Nashville or anywhere else for that matter but the housing market is a crazy place.

For example – in one part of Nashville, this 1007 square foot house costs $190 per square foot.  Now in fairness, their is a lake  oversized pond in the subdivision but it is not right outside this house. No garage

image

This house is a short sale is and only $82 dollars a square foot for 2065 square feet.  Now that’s what I’m talkin’ bout.  I love all the trees too.

image

Then there is this house – built in ‘79 with 1736 square feet – that means it sells for $126 per sq. ft.  but it has 500 sq ‘ of basement that could be finished out so if someone wanted to put in the effort it would definitely add some room.

image

This house also has basement space – almost 1000 square feet of walkout basement that could be finished and maybe made into a studio apartment or something – would that be a good investment?  It starts out with over 1900 square feet so it would still be roomy without finishing out the basement.

image

This is another older house – 1700 sq ft – selling for $134 a square foot.  Hardwood floors, built ins in the den but a high price tag. It does have a carport.

image

Decisions, decisions.  Hope my sister real estate assistant takes good notes.  I have pared my to look at list from 25 down to 12 and 7 of those are ones I haven’t see up close and in person so that means I did pretty good paring down the ones I did already see to just 5.

Back to packing the sewing room.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

They all look like good homes. The prices are all over the place. I don't envy you having to find a new place. Moving into a new house can be lots of fun, but the whole process of finding the house is so hard!

Mabry's gamma said...

This seems to be the year for a lot of the family to be moving, Jessica, you, Betsy and I hope we are included...don't want to be left out. LOL

I keep whittling our choices down too so I definitely know what you are going through. Can't wait to see what you end up with.

Love ya,
Cheri