Wednesday, June 10, 2009

FEELING RENEWED

Ok, yesterday was kind of a bad day for me.  I was very tired from lifting and moving boxes and a little furniture too.  I guess my hormones were acting up too.  Anyway, long story short, I decided it was kind of dumb on my part to end up having to pay someone to move my stuff to storage here and then pay someone to move me to Nashville when I buy a house.  Why not pay one time to move to Nashville and then let my kids and their friends help me move into my house whenever that is.  After all, that is what family is for.  So, I’ve found a storage place right in Franklin (so it should be reasonably close to whereever I buy). I called my realtor and she is checking on the closing date so I can set a move date with the mover. Now I just need to finish packing the house without moving anything else out.  Yes the truck will have to stop at the storage place but they would have to anyway since I already had a storage unit full of stuff. – mostly boxes so it shouldn’t mess up the overall packing of the truck. 

Later:

I’ve just talked to my realtor and then the moving guy and it looks like a go for packing the truck on Mon the 22nd and heading to Nashville on the 23rd.  I’ll close on the house on that Mon. and the owners will take possession on the 23rd(or the evening of the 22).  Anyway, things are moving pretty quickly now.  But I can finish the packing in plenty of time.  Especially if I can find enough boxes.

On a different note, you probably know I get a massage once a month.  Been doing that for about 9 years now.  The lady that I go to is  a retired nurse (but still younger than me).  She is such a nice sweet person.  Even though we don’t do things together, we’ve become very good friends.  She’s one of the people I was making a quilt for.  You should recognize this:

Susan's Quilt (2) Susan's Quilt

I finshed the top, pieced the back, sandwiched and pinned them back around Christmas.  I never got to the quilting – just ran out of time.  Yesterday I was going for my last massage.  I thought about taking the quilt and showing it to Susan or just sending it to her after it was finished along with a note.  Well, taking it with me won and I’m glad I did so I got to see her reaction.  I’ve taken projects to show her before.   Here’s the conversation --  (Susan) What’s that you have with you?   (Me)  It’s a quilt I’ve been working on.  (Susan- as she opens it up) Oh Vail, this is beautiful.   I just love red and yellow together!    (Me) Do you like it --- cause I’m making it for you!  

It was great to see her reaction.  I was glad I showed it to her – now I know what my first sewing project will be!!!

Well it’s back to packing.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That was a good plan to put everything in storage up in TN. I bet there are going to be so many people who will miss you when you move from Cleveland.

Love the little birdies on your blog by the way.