Monday, February 1, 2010

NEITHER SNOW NOR SLEET . . . . .

I was gong to take my sewing machine to the shop on Friday but since I’m not the mailman and,  when I called the Bernina store they had already sent the extra employee home and the owner’s wife was leaving because of the roads,  I decided not to go ---- even though there wasn’t a flake of snow on the ground here in Spring Hill --- about 20 minutes from the shop.  So I headed up to Jennifer’s instead.  Her house is about midway.  The closer I got the more it was starting to snow.  I didn’t stay long – maybe 30 minutes max. --for that reason.  By the time I headed back home I needed to use my windshield wipers.  When I got here, the roads were covered and my yard was blanketed in white.   Then we got a little sleet later in the day and more snow too.  So, we’ve been sort of iced in for a couple of days although not in a really major way when compared to other parts of Nashville and surrounding areas.  Tomorrow it is supposed to warm up a good bit so I think  most of it will melt away. 

Jed visited this weekend.  He and Toby seemed to enjoy the snow.  These are soon after the snow started.

Snow Jan 28 to 31 (50) Snow Jan 28 to 31 (48) Snow Jan 28 to 31 (49)

These from later

Snow Jan 28 to 31 (25) Snow Jan 28 to 31 (32) Snow Jan 28 to 31 (35) Snow Jan 28 to 31 (36) Snow Jan 28 to 31 (39)

While inside I worked on four of these (three pink and one blue)– I lack the eyes and for the girls, some bows.

End of Jan Sewing 7 (2)

 

And I made three of these for Valentine’s day. 

End of Jan Sewing 7 (3)

I also made these for the closet using two tab panels I already have and the same fabric I used for the window valance.

End of Jan Sewing 7

Hopefully tomorrow I’ll make it to the Bernina shop and get my embroidery problems taken care of.  I’m also considering upgrading.  More about that later.

2 comments:

Cheri said...

Oh, I like the curtain panel you did on the closet and those dresses are so cute for the girls.

Anonymous said...

The snow looks beautiful! Looks like the dogs were enjoying it. Lucky us we didn't get anything too bad... Great pictures,
love you,
Johnny and Carol