I found some corduroy in my stash
and found a cute skirt pattern for the girls.
The skirt has a yoke and is supposed to be lined but I think the corduroy is heavy enough (even though it’s a pinwale) that I can skip the lining so I’m just going to cut out a second yoke with an extra quarter inch at the bottom and treat it like a facing. It will cover the seam where the skirt attaches and I think it will work fine.
I’ve cut out all five skirts but didn’t think to cut the second yoke for each one so, I guess I’ll get that done tomorrow afternoon and then get started on the making. I’ll get to try out my new presser foot I bought the other day that will finish the raw edge kind of like a rolled hem.
Last night I went to a class on free motion quilting. Learned some tips on how to get better at that technique. Of course the most important thing is to practice, practice practice. So, I’m adding that to my list of things to do:)
I visited the Quilting Squares quilt shop today and bought a jelly roll – Moda’s Glace – to add to my stash. It has 40 2 1/2 inch strips of these fabrics. They are so pretty and will make a really pretty log cabin quilt I think.
That was my day. Tomorrow I’m going to see about getting the remote to my garage door checked out. I hope it just needs a battery but it’s ten years old so who knows. I may have to start opening the garage door using the button by the kitchen door, backing out, going back inside and closing it and leaving by the front door. Hopefully not.
G’night all and Happy Valentine’s day.

1 comment:
Happy Valentine's Day!
Post a Comment