Monday, April 13, 2009

RAIN RAIN AND MORE RAIN

Yesterday the weather was soooo very nice so I went to three different nurseries including Walmart and got some plants for my patio.   Then I got my gloves and and potting soil out and transplanted them into the pots on the patio.  They looked pretty nice when I got finished.  You can see some of the yard in the background too.  Notice the lack of water.

Patio Plants 4_09 (19)_640x480 Patio Plants 4_09 (6)_640x480 Patio Plants 4_09 (9)_640x480 Patio Plants 4_09 (13)_640x480

I have some geraniums, verbena, petunias, impatiens, a kimberly fern, sweet potato vine, lantana, and some parsley and basil.  We’ll see if they survive my baby travels later this spring.

I got up this morning and it was overcast.  Went to some friends for dinner after church this morning and around one we had a thunder storm.  The bottom just fell out.  It rained so much in 2 1/2 hours that my back yard looked like this.

Rain 4_12_09_640x480 Rain 4_12_09 (2)_640x480 Rain 4_12_09 (6)_640x480 Rain 4_12_09 (7)_640x480

Kinda wet out there right now.

Was lazy for a while this afternoon but then got busy pressing some hems and pinning bodice linings so I can get the handwork done either at school or during the evenings this week.  I’ve got only the underarm ties and attaching the the bottom of the dresses to the linings and I’ll be finished with the blue fish dresses.  The only handwork there will be a thread loop and sewing on a button.  Most of tomorrow will be spent working on the tuck dress for Mabry Grace.  I marked the tucks one day at school last week so I can get right busy on the sewing. 

Oh – I also finished the minky blankets Jennifer asked for this afternoon so I’ve done pretty well working through my list even if  I kind of broke out of my “marathon” yesterday to work on prettying up the patio.

Well, it’s actually  Monday already so I think I’ll hit the sack.  I’ll leave you with a couple of Toby pictures. He’s starting to resemble Little Lord Faunt Le Roy with all those curls.  They will get cut off or shortened Tuesday when he gets his bath.  he’ll look more like a cocker.

Toby 4_12_09 (21)_640x480

Toby 4_12_09 (22)_640x480

Toby 4_12_09 (4)_360x480  Toby 4_12_09 (5)_640x480 Toby 4_12_09 (8)_640x480

G’night Toby 4_12_09 (7)_360x480

3 comments:

jennifer said...

Maybe the kids should bring their swimsuits for next weekend. I hope Toby knows what is coming!

Anonymous said...

Lookin good with those curls there Toby.

Mabry's Gamma said...

Toby is such a good boy and those curls.....

I guess we got the rain that you had, it was terrible here today and extremely windy.