Tuesday, April 7, 2009

HOW TO HAVE THE CLEANEST HOUSE IN THE NEIGHBORHOOD and A TO DO LIST FOR THE LONG WEEKEND COMING UP.

I spent the weekend getting my house ready for an Open House that the realtor had today.  It really looks great!! And people can open my closets and I won’t be embarrassed:) I have learned to keep my house a lot neater since all the kids left (what does that say about me?) so there really wasn’t just a whole lot to do.  My sewing is what makes a mess these days.  Little stacks here and there and scraps laying on the table  -- you get the picture.  So, I’m trying to do better with that and maybe I’ll cultivate better habits about keeping my sewing picked up. 

The Open House was from 4 to 6.  Four different sets of people came through.  The realtor said all the comments were positive.  The house has been on the market for twelve days counting tomorrow and if I’ve counted correctly, after tomorrow 10 different groups will have looked at the house.  I’d say that’s a good start. 

I get a four day weekend so I’ve made a to do list so I can finish the stuff I cut out a couple of weekends ago

Wed: put together the two minky quilt tops.

Thurs: Put together the green tie over the shoulder dress

Fri – Mon : Finish the blue fish dresses and the bright fish dress and get as much done on the tuck dress as I can.  (I can’t believe I’ve started naming my dresses by colors , patterns and fabrics)  These are all easily contained projects in case someone calls and wants to show the house.

Okay –I’m off to bed – I’ll try to post pictures as I make progress on my to do list.

Night all.

2 comments:

Cheri said...

I'd say that is an excellent start to having your house up for sale. Gee I wish we had that many come through here. We have ours for sale about 6 weeks and have showed it once and 2 inquires. Bummer. I'll pray for you and you pray for us...OK?

Now, the dress names, at least you haven't given them actual names, like Betty and Sue, then we would have to really wonder about you, Vail. LOL

Love ya,
Cheri

Anonymous said...

That is great that so many people have come to look at your house already. Now to get one to make an offer!
Can't wait to see the results of all of your finished products.
Hope you have a great long weekend.