Thursday, April 23, 2009

PLEATS, CUFFS, SOFTBALL AND A BALLET RECITAL

The plan was to come home a little early and get in a good bit of sewing and then get ready for a trip but because I’ve got a lot of sinus drainage and a headache because of stopped up sinus’, I ended up laying down on the couch for a good while.  I have done a little sewing though.  Finished the pleats, made my piping and did one of the cuffs for the sleeves on Mabry’s dress.  I love the fabric and think it is going to turn out really pretty.

Mabrys dress 4_23 (3)_1024x768

Looks especially good against the red upholstery background – don’t you think ?:)

Mabrys dress 4_23 (5)_1024x768

The nice thing about it is it will be sitting here in the exact same spot waiting patiently until I get back.  Sewing is nice that way.

So ---- I can turn out the lights in here, go get my “stuff” together and hit the sack a little early and maybe sleep just a little later in the morning and hopefully feel a lot better and head off for a fun Texas adventure that will include softball and ballet and even better lots of hugs and kisses from some sweet grands.  Can’t wait!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Pretty fabric! Can't wait to see the final result.

You are right one of the best parts of sewing is it will just wait perfectly still and patient for when you are able to pick it up and continue on it again.

Hope you get to feeling better. You and Toby have a blast in Texas.

Liz Harrell said...

What a great little dress! And I love the name Mabry, so adorable.