I attached the borders to the family tree today. They make such a difference in the look of the quilt. I really like it. Tomorrow I'm going to try to get all the leaves attached -- two or three stitches (by machine) on stem and tip. Then I'll try to sandwich it before the weekend and I'll start quilting. I may finish this by Thanksgiving after all.
Since Michael doesn't have a blog, I'm posting these pictures of him and Avery -- two teriffic red heads (there's another in the family but she's in TX) . Some are from the pumpkin farm and one is from Halloween.
You're right....the border makes all the difference. I'll be glad when Mother sees it at Thanksgiving because it's been hard keeping her from seeing your blog. When I how her Jen and Stacey's blogs she asks about yours and I just avoid answering her.
These days they call me Grams. I've just retired after thirty some years of teaching, that included a hiatus as stay at home mom and then back to teaching again. I've sold my house and moved to the Nashville area to be closer to my kids ( most of them anyway) and family. And now ..... well I guess we'll just have to wait and see cause life is full of changes.
6 comments:
Looks so great mama. I can't wait to see the finished product. :)
Awesome! She's gonna love it!
The border does look awesome! What a cute princess Avery Rose made!
the quilt looks great.
i LOVE seeing pictures of our sweet avery! we miss her!!! thanks for posting the pics. :)
Avery look so cute as a princess, can't believe how big she is getting. Wow!
Love the quilt and the border really makes it. You are so good.
You're right....the border makes all the difference. I'll be glad when Mother sees it at Thanksgiving because it's been hard keeping her from seeing your blog. When I how her Jen and Stacey's blogs she asks about yours and I just avoid answering her.
Can't wait to see the finished tree/leaves!!
Donna
Post a Comment