Next, carefully measure the length and width of the area on the napkin where you'll place the design. Cut a piece of muslin to those measurements and do a practice sew out.
See how the practice sew out sits on the folded napkin. Looks pretty good :)
Now measure on the real napkin very carefully and mark where the center of the design will be. Hoop your stabilizer, use spray adhesive on the napkin and place it on the stabilizer so that the center of the stabilizer matches up with the center of the design. Sew out the design. Tear away the "Tear Away" stabilizer and Voila -- if your machine behaves you can't tell the back from the front (except for a few leftover flakes of stabilizer that will wash out). Here is the back
And these two are the front.
Now, its one down and seven more to go.
Have a great rest of the week everybody.

3 comments:
Great tutorial. If only I had a machine that even slightly cooperated.:)
You better make more than 8 with the way your family is growing!! Very CUTE!! Lowell and I are planning on going to the CHS drama production tonight at 7:00. Want to go? I didn't think so....enjoy your evening.
Donna
Looks good! I wanted to give you the address for one of the sites that I have been using to work with the HTML on my blog. I have found it to be the easiest to use. http://tips-for-new-bloggers.blogspot.com I also have Photoshop and a really sweet blogger friend has spent time on the phone with me teaching me how to make backgrounds and headers that I then upload to the page.
Post a Comment